If you create a contact, you can tell ACT! to create a company record from that contact. This ACT! addon creates a way to link multiple contacts and create companies all at once rather than one at a time. For example, you import large amounts of data into an ACT! database. Now, you want to do a mass update and build company records based on the data imported. You also want to make sure you create the contact links at the same time. The Company Wizard is the answer. When in a contact list view, you locate the Company Wizard on the Tools menu. You select the contacts you wish to work with. This ACT! addon wizard will do the following:
- Create Companies and Link Contacts function
- Link a contact to an existing company record.
- Create a company record if it does not exist and then link the contact.
- Bypass contacts with blank company or contact names.
- Multiple field match (up to 3 fields) to link, and none of these fields is required to be the Company Name
- Turn contacts into Static Members of Company but not Linked
- Provide a menu box showing how many company records were created, how many contacts were linked and how many were skipped.
- Unlink Contacts function
- Mass unlink selected contacts from the Contact List.
- Update Linked Contacts function
- Update linked fields on linked Contacts for the Companies displayed in the current Company list. This is a mass push of the field contents from the Company record to the Contact record.
When a Company Record is created by Company Wizard Plus, the following fields are copied from the Contact record to the new Company Record:
- The default ACT! fields that get copied by Contact/Create Company from Contact
- The additional fields Phone, Extension, Fax Phone, Fax Extension, and ID/Status
- Any fields defined as Linked fields between Contact and Company in Define Fields
- The fields selected in Company Wizard as the search/match fields
System Requirements: ACT! 2009 and higher
Your software/license key will be supplied via email within the next 24 hours.